Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access), formerly Terminal Services Web Access (TS Web Access), enables users to access RemoteApp and Desktop Connection through the Start menu on a computer that is running Windows 7 or through a Web browser. RemoteApp and Desktop Connection provides a customized view of RemoteApp programs and virtual desktops to users.
Additionally, RD Web Access includes Remote Desktop Web Connection, which enables users to connect remotely to the desktop of any computer where they have Remote Desktop access.
The following topics are covered:
- Overview of Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access)
- Checklist: Make RemoteApp Programs Available Through Remote Desktop Web Access
- Enable RemoteApp Programs for Remote Desktop Web Access
- Install the Remote Desktop Web Access Role Service
- Populate the TS Web Access Computers Security Group
- Configure the RD Web Access Server for RemoteApp and Desktop Connection
- Connect to Remote Desktop Web Access
- Configure the Remote Desktop Web Access Server to Allow Access from the Internet
- Configure Remote Desktop Web Connection Behavior
For more information about RD Web Access, see the Remote Desktop Services page on the Windows Server 2008 R2 TechCenter (