A Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) server is the server that hosts Windows-based programs or the full Windows desktop for Remote Desktop Services clients. Users can connect to an RD Session Host server to run programs, to save files, and to use network resources on that server. Users can access an RD Session Host server by using Remote Desktop Connection or by using RemoteApp.
The following topics are covered:
- Overview of Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host)
- Checklist: RD Session Host Installation Prerequisites
- Checklist: Configure an RD Session Host Server
- Configuring an RD Session Host Server
- Managing an RD Session Host Server
For more information about RD Session Host, see the Remote Desktop Services page on the Windows Server 2008 R2 TechCenter (