Microsoft supports a failover cluster solution only if it meets the following requirements:
- All hardware components in the failover cluster solution are marked as "Certified for Windows Server 2008 R2."
- The complete cluster configuration (servers, network, and storage) can pass all tests in the Validate a Configuration Wizard.
- The hardware manufacturers' recommendations for firmware updates and software updates (patches) have been followed. Usually, this means that the latest firmware and software updates have been applied. Occasionally, a manufacturer might recommend specific updates other than the latest updates.
- Understanding Requirements for Failover Clusters
- Validating a Failover Cluster Configuration
For information about hardware compatibility for Windows Server 2008 R2, see
For design and deployment information for failover clusters, see