Use the CMAK wizard to configure a new or existing connection profile.
|To start the CMAK wizard|
Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Connection Manager Administration Kit. If that entry does not appear on the menu, the Connection Manager Administration Kit (CMAK) is not installed. See Install CMAK.
On the Welcome page, click Next.
Each wizard page covers a step in the building of a connection profile.
This section includes basic information about the options presented on the pages of the CMAK wizard:
- Select the Target Operating System
- Create or Modify a Connection Profile
- Specify the Service Name and the File Name
- Specify a Realm Name
- Merge Information from Other Connection Profiles
- Add Support for VPN Connections
- Add a Custom Phone Book
- Configure Dial-up Networking Entries
- Specify Routing Table Updates
- Configure Proxy Settings for Internet Explorer
- Add Custom Actions
- Display Custom Bitmaps and Icons
- Customize the Notification Area Shortcut Menu
- Include a Custom Help File
- Display Custom Support Information
- Include Connection Manager Software with the Connection Profile
- Display a Custom License Agreement
- Install Additional Files with the Connection Profile
- Build the Connection Profile and its Installation Program
- Make Advanced Customizations
- Your Connection Profile is Complete and Ready to Distribute
- Troubleshoot the Connection Profile Build Process
For more information about creating a connection profile, see the