The following are tasks you must perform to allow connections from remote clients.
Choose remote site connection type:
- Dial-up or virtual private network (VPN) connection.
- On-demand or persistent connection.
- One-way or two-way connection.
Choose security features:
- Integrate the VPN server into a perimeter network.
- Choose authentication provider.
- Choose authentication method.
- Choose Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption (MPPE) or Internet Protocol security (IPsec) encryption.
- Choose router user accounts and groups.
- Choose remote access policy type.
Integrate the remote site connection into your network:
- Design routing infrastructure.
- Plan IP address assignment and name resolution.
- Plan Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) integration.
Deploy site-to-site connection.